When I made the decision to take my first scuba diving course, I was facing once again a problem I had in other sports before, though due to my academic background (Science of Sports), I had faced similar situations in the past and thus started my own research trying to make up my mind. The question was simple and yet not an easy one to answer…
“Which agency should I choose to get the best training?”
In the end I was after the best training, knowing that by doing this I would be avoiding the unpleasant frustration feeling of growing in a sport to find I had not only wasted a lot of time, but also money moving in a direction that would limit any possible evolution, after all I had no idea how far I wanted to go. Having to come back to the basics, acquire new equipment, redo training… how familiar all these thoughts were to me.
So I took my time, asked my friends and many different professional, checked the internet and came to find GUE. Whatever are your diving ambitions, Global Underwater Explorers offers the most robust diver training programes in the industry. Developed by some of the world’s leading cave and wreck explorers, the GUE system is built upon a solid fundamental skills base that will make your diving easier, safer and a lot more FUN.
When you learn something and in the end you feel confident and capable, you tend to feel safe in whatever you are doing, which allows you to enjoy much more the activity you are invested in. Easy doesn’t always mean good 😉
In line with the original vision of its founding members, GUE is committed to:
- Developing safe, skilled, and knowledgeable divers
- Undertaking and promoting underwater research
- Pursuing global underwater exploration
- Safeguarding the integrity of the underwater world
- Providing the public with a comprehensive resource on all things aquatic
Working to redefine the ties binding the average underwater enthusiast to underwater explorers, conservationists and scientific researchers GUE is committed to the overall goal of promoting the interests of the underwater world and of those who seek to engage it.Global Underwater Explorers (GUE) is a non-profit organization formed by leading explorers, researchers, and educators; these individuals are dedicated to the training of divers as well as the study and protection of the aquatic realm. GUE and its associated projects are responsible for conducting some of the world’s most remarkable dives, setting numerous world records in the process. The success of this group encouraged great interest in their diving and procedures. Of particular interest is the promotion of solid fundamental skills for all divers (recreational and technical) as well as their adherence to a common diving standard. This general standard requires:
- Divers use the same equipment configuration; this enhances safety and efficiency
- Divers use the same well-defined set of breathing gases, including Nitrox, Helium and Oxygen; standard mixes eliminate complexity and greatly enhance safety
- Divers use a team approach during all dives, facilitating fun and safety
- Divers must have a solid grasp of fundamental diving skills, including refined buoyancy, trim and teamwork; these skills must be developed in concert with the type of dive pursued. Difficult dives require very high levels of skill development